Thursday, September 10, 2009

How'd you like to have your own designed fabric?

Here's an interesting website (link listed to the right) that I've checked out and am POSSIBLY looking into for my own designed fabric.  The site is called Spoonflower and basically you upload a design you've created which you can then manipulate however you want by selecting type of fabric, color, and layout.  You then proceed to checkout and your design will be printed to your specifications and sent to you.  Granted, the cost of your material can range from $18-$30, but if it's one of a kind (OOAK) it's worth it.

EJ has started a little shop on Etsy to sell her beaded ornaments and I've been thinking of putting some of my stuff there, as well.  This would be the perfect venue for someone's own original fabric.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around the cost of it, so if anyone knows of a less expensive fabric printer, let me know.  Oh, btw, Spoonflower is totally organic, which is nice considering the new CPSIA regulations in handmade items.  (Don't get me started on CPSIA!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment