Thursday, May 26, 2011

Some Good News!

For those who don't know me, I've been receiving treatment for endometrial cancer.  That is a cancer of the lining of the uterus.  Tuesday I came back from the Cancer Treatment Center of America (CTCA) in Zion, IL with a negative finding of the cancer.  My doctor is quick to remind me that I should not believe that I am "cancer free", because it's possible that it's just lurking, I guess.  I'm not really sure why I wouldn't be labeled as cancer free, if the several biopsies, MRI's and other tests show it as not being there, then what else would it be called?

Well, my next visit I will ask what that would entail.  In the meantime, I am off the nasty hormone medicine that has as a side effect an increase in appetite.  So, the 30 pounds I lost before treatment I have now gained back.  Back to the drawing board, I guess, but I am VERY happy about my cancer news and I thought I'd just share it with everyone.

As far as crafting, lately, I've been pretty busy with going to different doctor visits and getting spring yard work/gardening done that I haven't been up in my craft room much.  It's kind of a mess right now because I've also been rummaging and finding lots of craft supplies.  I'm starting to run out of room for it all!  Well, in the next few days, I'll start posting pictures of some of my finds and what I have been able to do in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment